Our Mission is to defend all civil, political, economic, social, and cultural rights set out in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
Hustle For Humanity is an educational nonprofit human rights organization that works locally, nationally, and internationally to protect and promote the civil, political, economic, social, and cultural rights set forth in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
We educate all sectors of society on these rights through grassroots and legislative lobbying and advocacy campaigns with the goal of one day making Universal Human Rights the law in every nation on Earth.
With your help, we can push to get this powerful document into the curriculum of schools across the U.S. and abroad, and into the passports of several nations. Because after all, what would the United States Declaration of Independence, Bill of Rights and Constitution, the French Declaration of the Rights of Man and Citizen, The British Magna Carta, and the Ancient Persian Cyrus Cylinder be without the power of law behind them to safeguard and enforce those cherished rights?
History has demonstrably shown us that our entire way of life can be immensely improved overnight with a series of pivotal pen strokes. This is why it is absolutely crucial that we call on all governments and the entire public and private sector to ensure that the fundamental freedoms enshrined in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights are universally implemented and become a living reality.
Ultimately, we endeavor to change the planet by means of influencing and shifting people’s core value systems and by encouraging commendable deeds and acts of selfless virtue in which human beings simply act in the service of others more often than they do in the service of themselves. Something like this will require a tremendous amount of revolutionary new education models everywhere across the world.
Statement of Purpose
We intend to:
- Make Universal Human Rights The Law. We call on all governments and the entire public and private sector to ensure that the fundamental freedoms enshrined in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights are universally implemented and become a living reality.
- Make Human Rights Education Mandatory Curriculum. In order to ensure that the fundamental freedoms for everyone enshrined in the Declaration be known, understood and enjoyed by all everywhere, we call on all governments to make human rights education mandatory in schools and to conduct human rights education campaigns for all.
- Disseminate the Universal Declaration of Human Rights Worldwide. We call on governments and public and private sector organizations to promote the Universal Declaration of Human Rights through education campaigns, events, broad publication and dissemination of the Declaration to children and adults throughout the world.
- Include The Universal Declaration Of Human Rights On Passports. Despite that the Universal Declaration Of Human Rights is a fundamental human rights document, few global citizens are aware of its existence and importance. Therefore, including the declaration in passports would raise global awareness, amplify its importance across societies and promote it as an official document.
- Eliminate of All Forms of Discrimination against Women. The Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women (CEDAW). December 18th, 2009, marks the 30th anniversary of the adoption of the treaty by the United Nations, and while 186 countries have ratified the convention, the United States remains one of only seven countries in the world that have not. Ratification of the treaty is critical and urgent for continuing progress on women’s and girls’ rights in this nation and for bolstering efforts to support and advance women’s rights as well as democracy, liberty, civil rights, universal human rights, dignity, and well being worldwide. Ratifying CEDAW would strengthen and advance the US Constitution, US leadership, this nation values, the common goods, and humanity goodness and virtues.
- Lead by example by working diligently to provide firsthand each community we can reach with basic human rights such as food, water, shelter, and education.
- Implement new ideas and promote new thoughts about forms of commonality, spirituality, and social consciousness to unite the species and advance the General Will.
- Raise capital, not just in monetary economic form, but social, cultural, and symbolic capital to help others achieve their goals ranging from starting local businesses to raising funds for disaster victims, providing families with affordable housing, helping people create their own vocation, to any other benefit of the all-encompassing community.
- Reach the 10% of the population needed to develop an unshakable belief that will triumph and be adopted by the rest of society. Perhaps the most important of those beliefs would be that all of humanity is one and that we need to unite and overturn all of the ancient primordial methods of fear and division amongst the people. All separating factors such as race, religion, politics, nationalism, etc that have provoked so many violent monstrosities should be recognized as the methods of control that they are and should be reflected upon as a nightmare ordeal of the past.
“No one person can do everything, but everyone can do something…”